Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I think it's funny (not funny ha-ha, but funny wrong) when detractors pooh-pooh blogs and Twitter on the basis that they don't care what you ate for breakfast or whatever other blow-by-blow details of your meaningless life. Because I love knowing what people are eating, reading and so forth. I just ate some leftover quinoa with roasted asparagus, cherry tomatoes, garlic and feta. See? What's not awesome about that?

It feels a bit soon to say I'm reading To the Wedding, since I'm only on page 5, pre-threshold-of-abandonment. But I did start it. It always takes me like 20 minutes to read the first 10 pages of a new book. I think I'm afraid I'm going to miss something important.

5 comments:

  1. Your dietary habits are overly complex. Myself, I am eating PB&J on wheat. PB: Whole Foods 365 organic, smooth not crunchy. J: Smucker's rasberry preserves. Wheat: Stop and Shop wannabe-healthy-Wild-Harvest-whathaveu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing about what people are eating is okay. But one thing I'd really like to hear on this blog from time to time is more advice about what people should eat--that is, should want to eat. And if somehow you were able to compare certain foods to certain poets, that would only be icing on the cake, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allen: I suppose your lunch displays optimum complexity.

    Mark: You asked for it. Watch this space for prescriptivist menu ideas and apples-to-Tom-Oranges analogies. I hate myself for thinking of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote that you prescribe eggs-in-sauce. It's just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several DC poets once threw a Tom Orange appreciation party once were we all contributed various kinds of orange food and drank Orangaboom beer.

    ReplyDelete