Sunday, May 31, 2009

Material things

Note to food scientists: hydroponic tomatoes? They smell like cat food. Work on it.

*

Why don't I own any MGMT or Destroyer albums? What is the remedy?

*

If I had more expendable income, I'd buy more expensive beauty products and condiments. I'd replace my underwear, gym clothes, towels and bedding more often. I'd get some new nonstick cookware since most of ours is scratched up and probably killing us. Things I would not spend it on: gadgets/AV equipment/appliances/an iPhone/a Wii.

Some things I would probably not buy, but would enjoy receiving as a gift: a seltzer maker; a bar (as in the furnishing, not a going concern); a massage; a ficus; a subscription to The Believer; this video lecture series on the wonderful world of mathematics or what have you that is sometimes advertised in Harper's.

2 comments:

  1. Do TJMaxx for the nonstick cookware, can't miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made Brandi a Destroyer mix -- well, really a Dan Bejar mix. I have Destroyermania, and it feels good, like I'm wearing a poodle skirt and just got pinned. Send me your address and I'll mail you one!

    ReplyDelete