* Trader Joe's has these really awesome popsicles right now, with raspberry, lemon and strawberry stripes. Don't tell me it's not popsicle season! I finished the box and then had a dream about them last night. I am haunted by the memory of the popsicles. The only problem is that the strawberry stripe, the least interesting of the three, comes last. It's marginally irksome that I can't eat that part first.
* Speaking of margins, did you hear about the big to-do on Steven Fama's blog w/r/t the new Larry Eigner collected? (John just received review copies of all four volumes.) I've never read his work, but coming at this from a completely superficial level, I find it hard to believe that simply shifting the left margin an inch or two could have a drastic effect on the quality of a poem (as long as the relative indentations of lines are preserved). Margins vary in size as a result of print and design considerations. Some layouts look better than others, sure, but I'm baffled by the claim that the new books "profoundly violate his poems." Fama presents a scanned example of a poem the way Larry intended it and I fail to see what the big deal is. Enlighten me?
* It was popsicle weather last weekend. I bought a fun spring dress + fun spring hat at Target and then wore them post-haste. I received many compliments and some irritated looks.
* I have a new perfume on my arm: Moschino Funny!, sniffed first at Colonial Drug and purchased more frugally online. It reminds me of the popsicles.
* Posting YouTube videos doesn't count as blogging per se, but I really love this.