Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's a pleasure

It gives me huge thrills to see Absent listed among the credits in books and chapbooks by writers I love. (Alphabetically, it's usually first. W00t.) This is one of the best parts of editing a magazine. I just want to give a quick shout-out to some of the poetry collections that have come out in the past year or two with poems that originally appeared in Absent. I heartily recommend all of them, natch.
  • Stars of the Night Commute by Ana Bozicevic
  • The Last Four Things by Kate Greenstreet
  • Sunny Wednesday by Noelle Kocot
  • God Damsel by Reb Livingston
  • Plummet by Chris Nealon
  • Run by Kim Gek Lin Short
  • The Cosmopolitan by Donna Stonecipher
  • Post Moxie by Julia Story
  • For People Who Like Gravity and Other People by Chris Tonelli
I think For Girls by Shanna Compton has an Absent poem in it too, but I can't find our copy to confirm. Adam Golaski's Color Plates would qualify but it's not out yet; look for it from Rose Metal Press in the fall. There are a few others I'm not sure about because I can't find our copies at the moment (Scary, No Scary by Zach Schomburg, Creation Myth by Mathias Svalina, Starsdown by Jasper Bernes). Who am I forgetting?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! We need to measure our success, sometimes, in poetry. Because, you know. For a lot of the work involved, we probably could have made more money delivering pizza. Plus, free pizza. Mmm... Pizza. I have apparently chosen the wrong career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing that too with Anti-. Like in your book, tee hee!

    ReplyDelete