Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Conversations about cats


J: speaking of cats, Fry ran away. He's been gone for a week and they've given up hope. They seem to be handling it pretty well, though...

Me: oh how sad!!! Fry was the one I liked? seemed like they were pretty bored with having cats anyway.... :(

J: Yeah, Fry was the cute one (i.e. not the fat one). They're dealing with their grief by deriding Cooper. "Of the two of them we had to lose Fry! Look at Cooper: he's so dumb. I mean just look at that blank stare. We could leave the door open all day and he wouldn't even want to check it out." I think they're pretty done.

Me: hahaha! how sad. maybe he'll die of a broken heart.

J: Heart attack maybe, but he seems pretty oblivious.

8 comments:

  1. Tell me you didn't really say those things. Or if you did, you didn't mean them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you didn't think we were talking about our own cats.

      Delete
    2. After 2 days this comment is still making me feel bad.

      Delete
    3. FWIW I don't think you should feel bad. It seems like a normal and harmless/funny conversation to me. It's not as if you can hurt a cat's feelings. (If it were a conversation about dogs, on the other hand....)

      Delete
  2. Now I'm hoping our house isn't bugged to reveal the shocking level of inappropriate and irreverent conversations that take place. Of course, they're also the most fun.

    You're not terrible, just honest. My guess is Cooper doesn't really give a shit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josephine. I'm not sure what compelled me to post this. I've had a rough day!

      Delete
  3. Fat cats are cute. I like a cat you have to schlep around in a wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete