Monday, February 24, 2014

Where I'll be at AWP

I am sort of dreading AWP this year, maybe because John is not coming, robbing me of a default, neutral person to be with that requires little to no social exertion. (Part of the reason I go to AWP is to hang out with writer friends I don't see very often, but the high concentration of such people turns it into the social Olympics.) Also, everyone I know seems to have their own reading at the same time as my reading (below). How long before AWP is just 8,000 private readings, only readers, no audience?

N-E-wayz, I don't have too many obligations, so most of the time I'll either be wandering around the book fair or off-site procuring sushi and alcohol. Otherwise, look for me here:

The Hyacinth Girl table (T4)
Friday, Feb. 28, 2 pm

Kathy and I will be signing copies of our chapbook, The Kind of Beauty That Has Nowhere to Go.

Black Ocean table (R23)
Friday, Feb. 28, 3 pm

I'll be signing books! Buy my book!

The Highline (210 Broadway Ave E.)
Friday, Feb. 28, 7-9 pm

Free off-site reading. Very cool lineup. Details below and on Facebook.

And, of course, my books will be for sale at the Black Ocean and Birds LLC tables all day every day (R23 and R21 respectively). Say hi!


  1. Unfortunately I didn't happen to catch your blogpost here before I headed out of town to AWP. (I didn't take a computer with me.) I kept my eyes peeled for anybody I recognized, but...

    I * loved * the weather in Seattle. (After the winter here in Minneapolis, Seattle felt like spring.)

    I've written about AWP in my blog, here, if you care to take a look.

    1. I missed a lot of people this year, alas.

  2. It makes me happy to think you were in my wee city. I like everything I read here I don't know why I keep forgetting to add you to my blogroll BUT I SHALL DO IT TODAY.


    1. I love your city! On Friday morning I walked around in the sunshine and drank delicious iced coffee and it was like, the happiest I've ever been at AWP.


  3. Now you are properly added on my blog. That sunshine was amazing. It hasn't stopped raining since you left. Back to usual. Seattle even mentioned AWP on the news but called it THAT CONVENTION because they really didn't know what to make of it for the most part.

    1. Come to Denver, it's sunny here! (Less ocean though)